Springtime is here again. The trees are green, the sun is out, and the air is fresh, which means it’s the perfect time to give your home a fresh start too. Now’s your chance to treat your house and yard to the thorough cleaning they’ve been waiting for all year. Read our spring cleaning tips below and get started beautifying your home.
If you’re going to do the job right, you’ll need a lot of cleaning supplies, like paper towels, garbage bags, cleaning fluids, and storage bins, for starters. If a few spring seasons have passed since your last big cleaning project, though, there’s something else you might need: a roll-off dumpster. Renting a spring cleaning dumpster makes it easy to get rid of the loads of junk and debris that inevitably turn up when you’re organizing your garage, shed, basement, attic, or anywhere else in your house where forgotten items go to die.
Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of everything you need to do for a complete spring cleaning project. Here’s a checklist of tasks for each part of the house (whether or not a dumpster is required) to help you along.
- Clean windowsills
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet handles, light switches, and other frequently touched surfaces
- Vacuum carpets and sweep hardwood/tile floors
- Empty cabinets and wipe down the shelves
- Clean beneath and behind the refrigerator
- Throw out unused and/or expired items in the cabinets and refrigerator
- Clean the oven and stove
- Sanitize countertops, especially surfaces used for preparing food
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Get rid of old clothes, shoes, and other rarely worn items in your drawers and closets
- Clean toilets and sinks
- Clean bathtubs and shower walls
- Wipe mirrors
- Dispose of old toiletries and items in your medicine cabinet
- Take everything out of your garage, basement, shed, and/or attic, disposing of items you don’t need anymore in a roll-off dumpster
- Wipe down shelves and sweep/scrub the floors
- Put the items you want to keep back in an organized fashion
Yard and Patio
- Clean your deck and patio furniture with a power washer
- Rinse garbage cans and recycle bins
- Mow, dethatch, and fertilize your lawn
- Trim trees and bushes, disposing of trimmings in dumpster
Cleaning out your entire home is a daunting task, but you’ll be glad when it’s done. Following this list will guide you on your way to clearing out every last nook and cranny.
With help from our local roll-off dumpster service providers, we’ll haul your refuse away this spring cleaning and take the mess out of sight and out of mind for the next few years. Contact ASAP Site Services to rent a roll-off dumpster for your spring cleaning project.